Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Reason for the Season

Holy smokes, it has been awhile since my last update. Time has just flown by since my return from St. Louis. I went back to work for 3 days, then Thanksgiving Break happened. Now it's almost Christmas Break for me and I am excited. 7 more days!!

Anyways, since my return from St. Louis, I have changed my habits. When I talked with some of the "advisors" at the hospital, the main theme was "take care of business". They need to see a full commitment from me and doing my treatments, exercise, etc..

Well I am here to say that I am doing a much better job at all of these things. Ashley and I sat down a few weeks back and made an outlined schedule of what I need to do throughout my day in order to make sure I am on top of those things. I can say it has made a difference. I am not fully there, as there are still times I get sidetracked, but overall things are good. I am feeling much better because of it.

Secondly, I have recently joined The Rock gym in Collinsville. I just started recently going up there, and am determined to realize that I can't get everything back in a week, or month, or even several months. But I am making strides. I have already gained some weight since doing all of the above which is a very positive sign. Next up is to see where my breathing tests are. I am doing some cardio work at the gym, and core muscle workouts to strengthen my upper body to help my breathing. All in all, things are looking up I must say.

None of this would be possible without the support of my wife, family, and friends, and most of all Jesus.

That beings me to Christmas Season. I am truly blessed, and if there is one thing that I want to make sure of this season is to bless others. I wanna make a point for me not to focus on the materialistic things of this world, and more on the things that matter. All of us can benefit from this. Whether its taking the time to talk to someone you may be distant from, or help the needy, or just value the time with your family this season, never take it for granted. I know I wont. If you have a smartphone that can download apps, I encourage you to download "Youversion" its a free bible app with programed reading plans. I have started "Rediscovering Christmas" It is really cool. Its a daily read, fairly short, but will get you to think about the deeper reason for the Christmas season, Jesus Christ.

Thanks all to those who keep up with this blog, sorry for the long delay. I hope you all have a great Christmas. God Bless.

Go CHS & Go Bucks

-Coach Phillips

3 comments:

  1. Oh my son, you never cease to AMAZE me. I love you & Ashley so... much. You mean the world to Dad, Kevin & I, & we will help you in any way we can in this process. I was committed to you at birth & still am to this day, I will never stop, never, ever, ever.

    Love, MOM

    ReplyDelete
  2. So so so so proud of you. I see you getting better and stronger every day and I know it's from all your hard work. I love you so much. Keep blogging.

    Ash

    ReplyDelete
  3. your a good man brian....love ya bro!

    ReplyDelete