Wednesday, November 17, 2010

St.Louis

Well I think its time for an update from St. Louis. This blog wont be real long, more of an update.

First of all, I would like to thank every single one of you for your gracious support and prayers. I am beyond humbled by the support.

St. Louis has been, well, tiresome and informational as well. From my previous blog, we are here for a consultation with the Lung Transplant team. Here are a few "highlights" from the meetings and tests

1. I am considered a "candidate" for a transplant.
2. By the grace of God, I am not in a position for an immediate need. Which in short, I am "ok" right now, where I can prolong the "being listed" part
3. All my test came back relatively normal. The Physician on the transplant team, said other than typical CF progression, nothing jumps out to him. This is a good thing for sure.
4. However, my lung strength and weight need to get better. These are things that I can control on my own for the time being. And as soon as I start to feel better, I plan on working at this.
5. Finally, we got to meet with two post-transplant people. Fortunately for me they were both Cystic Fibrosis patients. This was a very comforting thing to see first hand. I got alot of questions answered, and they explained to me life after transplant. It excited me at the possibility of liek afterwards, but obviously I don't want that right at this time. Ashley and I felt real good about the information we got from them. They were 42 (5 years post-transplant) and 33 (6 years post-transplant) both doing really well. One thing is they both gained over 20 pounds. Very promising indeed.

Well I just wanted to highlight a few things on the trip, Ashley has been fantastic in my support, as well as all of you. I will be coming home tomorrow. I now need to get things in gear, and give CF a good butt-kicking for the time being. Well I am worn-out, so I am out. Once again, thank you for all your prayers and kind wishes. I really do appreciate it.

Go CHS & Go Bucks

-Coach P

3 comments:

  1. I'm so very glad about the results from this trip. It is something that needed to be done, but hopefully we can prolong the progression of CF for a very long time. Dad & I will help you in every way possible. I love you & Ash so... much, & please have a safe trip home. Can't wait to see you.

    Love, MOM

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you got to speak with transplant recipients and hear their story. I imagine that must have been very uplifting and informative. Now go be a little piggy next Thursday and enjoy the Hawks-Bucks game tomorrow! (Go Hawkeyes!)

    ReplyDelete