Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Keep Fighting

Howdy!

Just want to say thanks for dropping by and taking a gander at my blog. I hope that you will continue to follow, and leave comments. My goal is to try and do one blog a week, maybe more if I am feeling greedy =)

Lately, I have had a lot on my mind. The last two months I have been on a roller-coaster of emotions. In September I got a lead on my "dream job" in Collinsville, which I eventually landed! However, I also found out some news about the progression of my Cystic Fibrosis. Now most that read this blog, will be familiar with that I have dealt with. Most of you know, that I am pretty introverted when talking about things like this. This blog will be a bit more transparent. So if this catches you by surprise then in my Jack Nicholson impression.. "You Can't Handle the Truth".

**This is a blog, and I am typing as I go. I am an educator but not in English, and I do not have an editor like I did when working for the newspaper =) so bear with me. Here we go....



"For I know the plans I have for you," says the Lord. "They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope. Jeremiah 29:11


One of my closest friend Bill Bennett specifically pointed to this verse in the Bible, and I hold it close to my heart. Some may think...How can a person who has a life-threatening disease be so optimistic about his life and future? Well...its simple, I have faith in my Savior. I may not have been dealt a "royal flush" by the Big Guy upstairs, but I also know that He didn't have me drawing dead (for those poker players out there) I love my life, through the good and bad. My support has been amazing from my family, currently and when I was growing up, same goes to my friends, and now I have a special lady to share my life with and she fully supports me and treats me a normal as I can be ;)

I am going to be attending a funeral of a close friend's dad tomorrow, and it struck a chord with me. We grew up together in school, and I stayed the night with him and vice a versa. We have gone different ways since high school, as life has it, but a friend nonetheless. I feel for him and his family (3 sisters and mother), they are in my thoughts and prayers. The reason it struck a chord with me is I keep thinking about my Dad as well. Growing up he always used to say to me " I do not want to outlive you son, that is my worst fear" It is one of mine also. Please don't take that the wrong way of me being selfish or anything, but I am hoping that through this quote, and feeling for my friend, I can start to do what is needed to take care of myself in a manner like I used to back in the good ole' days.

Keep updated with my blog, and I will talk about the good ole days, my health, and plans for the future, as I need accountability to stay focused on the big task at hand. Thank you for checking it out. Hope to hear from you.

God Bless

Go CHS and Go Bucks

-BP



4 comments:

  1. Very nice start Brian...I will look forward to more blog entries...I love your outlook on life, and your love for the Lord pours out of you...God Bless you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are truly an inspiration, Brian! God has giving you a great story and purpose. It's awesome to see you fulfilling it. He blessed you with a wonderful wife, family, and all the tools you need. Looking forward to reading more...

    ReplyDelete
  3. So proud of you husband! I'm glad you decided to start this; here to back you 110%, just like always.

    You are a special person, not because of CF, but because of your character and your heart. So glad God put you in my life, I think that you support me more than I can or will ever be able to support you, couldn't have got a better spiritual leader.

    I love you so much! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brian, you touch me in so many ways... But most of all your positive spirit & faith. I have learned so... many life lessons from you. Everyday I wonder why I am here, & it's because of you. I love you SON, more than you will ever know.

    ReplyDelete